Friday, November 14, 2008

Grandma Honey is Watching....

This morning I had to drive in to work all the way from Norfolk, Virginia. Without traffic, it's about an hour and a half. WITH traffic about two. I was in Newport News, about halfway, when I got stuck behind a Lincoln Town Car.

My Grandma Honey was a notoriously bad driver. She drove ridiculously slow and was so short she could barely see over the wheel anyway. Once, she even pulled out of the mall parking lot onto the sidewalk! (That scared my little sister and I to death! We were about 12 and 13 at the time.) Her vehicle of choice was always a Lincoln Town Car, replaced every few years.

I could feel my blood begin to boil the longer I was stuck behind the Lincoln Town Car on the busy interstate this morning. This idiot was going to make late for work! Hello! Go the speed limit at the very LEAST! My Grandma, now gone for nine years, was the furthest thing from my mind. (Can it REALLY be nine years?)

Something told me to take a closer look at the car in front of me. That's when I noticed the license plate on the vehicle. It read GMA HUNNY. No. Freaking. Way.

I started to laugh and cry right there in the middle of rush hour. Grandma, still finding ways to rein back down to earth, all the way from Heaven.

No comments: