Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Come on Spring!

Looking outside at the cloudy skies is just really annoying me right now. I'm absolutely craving sunlight. Not just any sunlight. Warm sunlight!

This seems like it must be the coldest winter I have ever lived through. We've had so much snow, freezing cold nights, frigid "breezes" blowing constantly and lots of clouds. The ground is hard and frozen and brown. People are hibernating in their houses, not bothering to come outside or go anywhere unless they have to.

I'm desperate to see the temperatures rise. Wearing short sleeves and walking to work again sounds heavenly. Taking the kids to the park would be a wonderful treat. Going to Stevie's for an ice cream cone and eating it outside would be the best thing ever! Heck, at this point, I might even be happy to see a mosquito!

I need to remind myself that it's only a month until the Daffodil festival, which means only a few weeks until the grass starts to change back to green and the flowers start to bloom. By the end of the month, there will likely be more "outside" days than "inside" days.

I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

There are daffodils poking up through our frozen grass, and I found flowering ones next to Walmart! It feels like flipping off winter when I saw those flowers! :)